Photography is an integral part of any wedding, due to which the destination one picks for their wedding must be a beautiful and picturesque experience. Also, it should be big enough to encompass the guest list be it 50 people or 500. Evidently, as mentioned before, the location should also be in sync with the couple’s personality. Those looking to tie the knot in this naturally beautiful setting, here is a list of some exotic wedding destinations in Kenya.
Check Top 10 Luxury Destination Wedding Places In Kenya
1. Diani BeachDiani Beach is one of the major beach resorts of Kenya located 30 km south of Mombasa. It is known as One of the Best Beach in Africa, for its pristine white beaches and coral reefs. The beach has a view of turquoise green Indian Ocean water stretching till the sunset. The swaying palm tree to the soft wind is just a cherry on top of this gorgeous wedding destination.
2. Mombasa - Port & Exotic cultureDiani Beach is one of the major beach resorts of Kenya located 30km south of Mombasa. It is known for its pristine white beaches and coral reefs. The beach has a view of turquoise green Indian Ocean water stretching till the sunset. The swaying palm tree to the soft wind is just a cherry on top of this gorgeous wedding destination.
3. VipingoIn the last five years, almost half a dozen golf residential estates have been established in Kenya. Such a golf club and estate is the Vipingo Ridge Golf Estate on the Kenyan coast boasting of prime homes overlooking the beach – creating an ideal wedding destination!
The Vipingo Ridge Golf Estate is a 2500 acre development that boasts of a scenic beach, an 18-hole course and a game conservancy. It is also dotted with a private airstrip, lakes, woodland areas and trails.
Vipingo is the ultimate luxury retreat to get married if you have a bigger budget for your big day. Guests and the couple can enjoy almost everything on this estate and that too in a lavish and luxurious manner!
4. KilifiKilifi should be on any couple’s top 5 lists for wedding destinations!
It is a lesser known town and coast which has all natural and virgin beaches. However, even here you can sail on dhows overlooking the pristine Indian Ocean and soak up the golden yellow sun and a lot more! There is a creek in Kilifi which is ideal for boating, water skiing and kayaking. You can also spot flamingoes and many other birds which boating on these waters.
Kilifi is gorgeous and an ideal wedding spot without being too crowded. It is home to the best resorts of the world hence there will be no problem in accommodating your guests.
5. WatamuWatamu is a small town located 105 km away from Mombasa and lies in between Blue Lagoon and Watamu Bay. The aquamarine waters on this coast are the perfect backdrop to the moment you have looked forward to your entire life, your wedding! You can have your wedding ceremony out on the beach on the white sands or in the gardens in the shade of the palm trees. This location have most luxury venues for paradise ceremony! If the weather is suitable, the newly married couple and guests can go on a private dhow and toast the start of a great life together!
6. MalindiMalindi is not exactly Florence, but it has a very obvious Italian feel to it. From the language to the food and the hotels and casinos; the entire town makes you feel like you are in a small part of Italy. Italians especially love Malindi as they get to bask in the magnificent sun amongst the sandy white beaches. The Italian cuisine at Malindi is also very scrumptious. In short, Malindi is an African town with a pure Italian soul.
If you and your spouse to be are from Italy or love the Italian culture but find a wedding in Italy too pricey, Malindi is your best solution. You get the Italian feel and culture but do not need to compromise on the serenity the beaches in Malindi can bring you.
7. Lamu - African VeniceLamu is a small town on Lamu Island which is part of the Lamu Archipelago. Lamu is Kenya’s oldest town and rich in history and culture. It is also blessed with a gorgeous natural beauty. Lamu is a magical place which has beautiful sandy beaches, sand dunes, turquoise green sea and serene backwaters. It also has acacia tortilla trees and lush mangrove forests.
Lamu is also an ideal wedding destination spot for those who want peace, exquisite natural beauty, and rich culture.
8. Maasai MaraThis is a unique wedding destination spot than all the others mentioned above. This wedding destination is for those couples who prefer the wild over peaceful beaches. Maasai Mara is one such tourist destination which is famous for its wildlife that can be witnessed through luxurious camps set within the wilderness.
A safari wedding would be an exceptional experience with scenic views of the forest complimented with tasty local cuisines and rich cultural bits. To top it off, you can expect an elephant or a zebra to make their way in a few of your wedding photos! This will surely be a wedding tale which will be narrated to your grandkids!
9. NaivashaNaivasha is a market town in Kenya situated north-west of Nairobi. Just outside the town is Lake Naivasha which is a freshwater lake and part of the Great Rift Valley. Lake Naivasha is surrounded by grassy banks, caci and olive trees. The lake is a spectacular site and stretches out of sight as if it were the sea. The lake is so big that you cannot see the end if you stand on one side!
Night time in Naivasha is unlike anywhere else where the sky is clear without any stars. This destination is a dreamy and romantic one for a destination wedding!
10. NairobiNairobi is the capital as well as the largest city in Kenya. It is a modern, urban metropolitan city. It has many wedding venues which will not disappoint! The Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club is a luxurious wedding reception venue for the high and mighty. Safari Park Hotel is also a great option as it is one of the largest hotels in Africa. Marula Manor is an ideal place for a country wedding that combines modern with unique. It has landscaped gardens and ancient oak trees which have the perfect wedding feel to it.
Kenya is amongst the most romantic vacation, honeymoon, and wedding spots, which has not been explored to its fullest. However, we advise that if your big day is near, you should start doing your research and surely select Kenya for your dream wedding!